Monday, January 23, 2012

Book Project


My quiet little blog hardly has donation drives (I think I've had two over the years since I started blogging).

Well, my project is a little different now. I plan to put together a selection of my blogs in e-book format for better reading and access. I hope to turn this into an actual book (hard copy, which is really my favorite form of reading material). If you like what you read here, these books will be concise, edited and in many cases updated and modified versions of the blog entries. In short, they will not be the same as the blog.

Such projects take time. More so than a blog, which is often my collection of opinions (although I back up my stories with as much hard fact as possible). So I am asking readers to send in whatever donations they can. I will put up a a permanent link on my side bar.

Here is sample of a few of the chapters that will be in the book:

Chapter One

An Introduction to Beauty
- Synthesis of Beauty
- Beauty in the Worship of God
- Beauty and the Transcendent
- Beauty and Humanity
- Beauty, Truth and Goodness
- How to be a Beautiful Movie Star
- Beauty: I will be your mirror
- Rejecting Beauty
- Elimination of Beauty


Chapter Two

Beauty in Art
- Architecture
- Painting
- Drawing and Illustrations
- Film
- Photography
- Dance
- Design and Fashion
- Art Criticism


Chapter Three

Beauty in Language
- Literature
- Poetry
- Writing
- Books
- Blogging
- Humor


Chapter Four

Beauty in Culture and Society
- Religion
- Christianity
- Islam
- Immigration
- Multiculturalism
- Politics
- Conservatism
- History
- Traditions


Chapter Five

Beauty in Nature


Chapter Six

Beauty in Science



Chapter Seven

Desecration of Beauty



Chapter Eight

Reclaiming Beauty



------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are tentative chapters and titles, I'm still refining them, and there will certainly be more.


Thank you,

Kidist Paulos Asrat